Weekend Activities

Being awake at seven a.m. on a Saturday morning is not like me at all, if you know me, you know I love my sleep. 

Our neighborhood was having a community garage sale Saturday morning and, as I mentioned in my previous blog post, being the type of person that holds on to stuff for way to long, I had compiled a good amount of items to sell. My husband helped me set up our things outside before heading off to work and I opened up shop around 8:00 a.m. To my surprise we made a pretty good amount of cash for only being set up for an hour and a half, I had to close up shop at around 9:30 a.m. because I had to get ready to glam up three lovely clients I had later that day.

Around 11:00 a.m. I hit the road and arrived to my clients house close to noon, I set up my station and got to work. Three faces and just under three hours later, I was done. On my drive home I had called my mom and let her know I was going to try and visit however when my husband came home from work he wasn't feeling too well (he's been sick with a cold all week) and wanted to stay in and rest; we decided to visit my parents the following day instead. 

Sunday morning arrives and we wake up starved so we chose to eat at one of our favorite breakfast spots in town, I-45 Diner, we ordered our usual chicken and waffles with a side of buffalo sauce and syrup; it was delicious! While at breakfast I receive a text notification from Target letting me know my online order was ready for pickup, we headed that way after our meal.

Now am I the only person who instantly gravitates toward the seasonal/dollar section at the front of the store every time they walk into Target? Well on this particular day I'm glad I did because I found a couple of cute winter items that I needed for our upcoming Colorado road trip, I will be blogging about this trip soon so stay tuned! After our quick Target stop we drove to my in-laws house where my husband picked up a couple of skiing essentials needed for our trip, luckily my mother-in-law kept some ski gear in storage from a New Mexico trip they went on a few years ago.

Once we had the car loaded with our much needed gear we drove out to my parents house. There we hung out, ate lunch, enjoyed the amazing weather outside and had a fun photo shoot session in the backyard, my baby sister and husband were the subjects while I stood behind the camera taking all the photos. They played around with random props we found around the yard, pretended to have levitation superpowers and we also fed the neighbors friendly goat.

It came time to say our goodbyes and we began our drive back home, while on the road my mother-in-law called and asked us to stop by to pick up some tea to help my husband with his cold. When we arrived my brother-in-law asked us if we wanted to stay for a game of dominoes we accepted and about an hour later we were defeated by the family champion, my husbands eighty-four year old grandma. After our loss we went home, had a late snack and got ready for bed.

It was quite the productive weekend but I loved every moment of it, family time is always a good time. I hope you had a great weekend. Until next time my friends, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment